Dan's Dove Hunts
All Dove Hunts are Unguided and all Hunters are expected to have their Hunters Safety Course and know and observe all game laws required by the State of Texas. These hunts will be managed and hunters spread-out so that every hunter has space for an enjoyable, safe hunt. ATVs are allowed and recommended for Katy field TBD for El, Campo field. All hunters must stay on the side of the fence on whhich they are placed.
Limit of Doves
Kids are the future of our sport!
Dan's Dove Hunts has been providing good dove and duck hunts in the Katy/ Eagle Lake Texas area for over 25 years. The founder has over 25 years experience with hunting doves, ducks and geese in the area. Katy used to be world renowned for its waterfowl and bird action. Katy now has been very developed and the bird action is limited to the land owners that still farm in the area. Dan's Dove Hunts has those relationships and can provide great dove hunting when the birds are migrating through. Typically opening day and the first week are the best times to book your hunts. We offer private fields for corporate hunts also. Please contact us today to book your hunt.
We offer two locations for your hunt!
We hunt just north of Katy, Texas on local rice, milo and goat wheat fields. The dove love the grain and have not disappointed. We normally shoot mourning dove with a few white wing occasionally mixed in.
Dove hunting is generally good opening day through the first weekend and it gets spotty after that. We meet at the gas station on the corner of FM 529 and FM 362 in Pattison, Texas.
You can download the Release of Liability form and turn in day of your hunt or send it electronically to me before your hunt. Hunts last until Noon for AM hunts and until sunset for evening hunts or until you reach your limit allowed by law, whichever comes first. TPWD officers are usually at my fields to verify hunters have a plug in their gun, they have their license to hunt, and hunter safety coarse required by law. I only book 60 people for opening day, for this field unless farmer opens up another field.
Approximately 550 acres.
- 6936 FM 362
Brookshire, TX 77423
Katy/Waller County Dove Hunts
After Opening Weekend: $60.00 per day
(4 hunter minimum to open gate)
Opening Day will include a BBQ lunch
El Campo, Texas
New This year!!
We have acquired a field in El Campo, Texas and the cost for a half day hunt is $125.00 per person. This is a row crop field and most of the doves are White wings. The meeting area is still to be determined in El, Campo, Texas at 10am opening day Sept 1. This is special White wing season and whenever they publish the dates we will be meeting 2 hours before the hunt. There are generally a lot of birds for this hunt and the action is fantastic.
Field is approximately 400 acres total with fields broken up in 120 acres.
- 116 N Mechanic St,
El Campo, TX
El Campo Dove Hunts
Dan's Duck Hunts
Dans Duck Hunts has some of the finest duck hunting in Texas. We hunt cane and natural blinds in rice and plowed ponds. Teal season offers some fast and fantastic wing shooting. All of our hunts are from shooting time till 12 noon each day. We hunt in the Katy and Eagle lake area. We book up quickly so book your trip today.
Unguided Duck Hunts
Guided Duck Hunts
- All of our hunts are wild migratory birds and subject to Texas State Law.
- We hunt in Katy and Eagle Lake areas. We provide hunting locations, blinds and guided hunts depending on the package you select.
- There is no guarantee with our hunts
- All hunters will sign a release of liability before they enter any of our hunting properties. Download the form now!
- Dove hunts can be full day hunts and Duck hunts are always morning hunts until 12 noon.
- Hunters must only leave their foot prints behind and are responsible for picking up all trash, hulls and any debris they bring in.
- All game laws of the State of Texas must be strictly obeyed.
- Hunters must have a plug in their gun, have a valid hunting license, and Federal Duck stamp for ducks signed in order to hunt.
- Texas requires anyone born after 1971 must have a hunters safety coarse certificate filed with the state.
- Mosquito spray, Shotgun shells, Camouflage, weighters or hip boots, hunting hat, are a must for a successful hunt.
- I recommend 2's and 4's shot for ducks and 7½ shot for doves.